Common upload errors
There’s nothing worse than running into an error message! Here are a few common issues to look out for when you upload your data.
Common error causes
- Make sure all dates are in the same format. E.g. 01/10/15 and “January 10 2015” in the same file will not work
- Please try opening your file in Excel and format the date to column to “date” and save as .csv, this may resolve the problem.
- Avoid gaps in your data and only upload files with consecutive years.
- Upload at least 3 years of donation history so that you get all of the different reports.
- Every row needs data for each column. E.g. a row with just a gift amount and no donor id and date will not work
- Donation amounts cannot be negative. Try sorting your column from least to greatest to remove any negative values.
- Sometimes column headers can be an issue. Try removing any text above your columns and uploading again.
- Make sure your date column doesn’t have time in the column, for example 2003-01-02 [00:00:00] will not work, but 2003-01-02 will.