Fundraising Strategies & Nonprofit Tech Carnival
March’s “Data Driven Fundraising” Submissions
Can you believe it? It’s already April! Time sure does fly. If you have a chance, catch your breathe and slow down with a few of the best “data-driven fundraising” resources on the web.
Check out this month’s 14 “Data Driven Fundraising” carnival submissions!
1. 3 Simple Fundraising Metrics for Nonprofits (and How to Calculate Them)
By Zach Shefska
Non-profit analytics is a growing field, but when it comes to fundraising metrics for nonprofits the water can get a little murky. In this article we outline 3 simple fundraising metrics every nonprofit should have on their analytics dashboard.
2. Is Your Nonprofit’s Data Actionable?
This article argues that nonprofits who find ways to leverage their data will be the ones who work smart, gaining new opportunities for growth.
3. How to Improve The Health of Your Donor Database in One Hour
LGL has created a Donor Data Score Card that can be used to asses the health on a donor database and identify where improvements are needed.
4. How Data is Changing the Nonprofit Industry
Donor retention is mission critical for nonprofits today. This article highlights the ways in which data analytics can help nonprofits facing retention challenges resulting from shifting donor demographics.
5. Nonprofit CRM Software: Expert Advice for Buyers
For most nonprofits, data-driven fundraising starts with proper data management and by extension, effective data-management solutions. Discover everything your organization needs to know about nonprofit CRM software with 13 simple tips.
6. Nonprofit Data That Will Inspire You to Focus More on Major Donors
By Greg Warner
The left-leaning Institute for Policy Studies crunched the data from Giving USA Foundation’s annual philanthropic survey to figure out who was giving what. Here’s what they determined…
7. Nonprofit CRMs: 7 Essential Features Every Organization Needs
By Jamie Lewis
For nonprofits just learning about nonprofit CRMs and the wide-world of data management, all the technology can be overwhelming. This list of 7 features helps boil things down to the core features you’ll want to look for to manage your data better.
8. The 3 Top Uses of Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Software
Learn how you can leverage key nonprofit CRM features to compile data reports that allow your nonprofit to track donors better, structure stronger solicitation strategies, and generate extensive reports to guide your next steps.
9. Donor Management Software: 10 Fatal Mistakes that Nonprofits Make When Shopping
By Mark Kelly
If you want software that tracks your donors and gives the analytics and reporting to take your organization to the next level, you have to shop smart. This guide helps you do just that.
10. Prospect Research: The Ultimate Guide
Prospect research is the process by which nonprofits learn more about donors and prospects through extensive data analysis, investigation, and reporting. The outcome? A better understand of a prospect’s giving capacity and affinity toward your organization.
11. The Real Benefits of Strategic Planning…Are Enough to Make You Want to Do It
It’s crucial that nonprofit leaders collaborate with other organizational leaders to define priorities and plan strategically in order to conduct real measurements and see true results. This goal-oriented process begins with strategic planning.
12. 3 Ways Analytics Can Help Fundraising
Don’t ignore the power of analytics. Lean into big data and see how you can use web analytics to improve your fundraising efforts.
13. How Marketing Automation Can Improve Your Fundraising Events
Marketing automation allows you to use your donors’ past behavior patterns and data in order to design the most effective path to continued engagement through a streamlined and segmented marketing process. Learn how it all works.
14. Are You Paying Attention to Your Facebook Insights
By Abby Jarvis
If you have a Facebook and a strategy in place, your organization needs to be tracking performance metrics on the social media platform as well by checking your Facebook page’s insights. Here’s how.